Friday, April 30, 2021
This conference has already taken place.
This activity is designed to increase participants’ ability to educate their patients regarding obesity and evidence based obesity interventions, collaboratively discuss the risks and benefits of various treatment options using shared decision making strategies, refer their patients to appropriate specialists who can provide evidence based obesity interventions, and create an office environment that is free of weight bias and weight stigma.
Please contact the Mind Body Clinical Research Center at 631-632-8657, if you have any questions or need additional information.
For pricing information, see pricing tab below.
Dates and Times
Start: 4/30/2021 12:30 PM
End: 4/30/2021 5:00 PM
- Discuss evidence based interventions that are available to patients with obesity.
- Define shared decision making models.
- Utilize shared decision making tools to discuss treatment options for patients with overweight or obesity.
- Provide appropriate referrals to clinicians and programs that can provide evidence based interventions for obesity.
- Discuss weight based stigma, the impact of weight bias and weight based stigma.
- Describe ways to prevent weight bias and weight stigma in a health care setting.
- Implement strategies for talking to patients about obesity and interventions for obesity.
|Other Healthcare Professionals||$30.00|
|Stony Brook Physicians - Free||$0.00|
|Stony Brook Other Healthcare Professionals - Free||$0.00|
|Students - Free||$0.00|
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.