This conference has already taken place.
This is a 7-Night Alaska Cruise Conference. Round-trip Vancouver, B.C., CA.
To provide the physician with a working knowledge of clinically relevant and up-to-date topics using a combined lecture and case study approach. This review will provide a practical overview of commonly encountered problems in clinical cardiology, focusing on prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. For each topic, cardiology essentials will be reviewed and illustrative cases explored and discussed. Participants will be invited to share their clinical experiences, concerns, and insights.
Ideal candidates for this seminar include physicians as well as other health care professionals involved in the daily management of cardiac patients in the office, clinic, or hospital settings.
In order to register and get additional information for this conference, you must visit the following link:
Dates and Times
Start: 5/9/2018 9:00 AM
End: 5/16/2018 5:30 PM
- Define treatment objectives of primary and secondary prevention based on clinical assessment
- Recognize non-traditional markers for coronary artery disease risk
- Describe differences in prevention, diagnosis, treatment in women
- Identify the indication, utility, and findings of non-invasive cardiac testing
- Describe the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of chronic and unstable coronary artery disease (including myocardial infarction and its complications)
- Consider the appropriate use of medical treatment, catheterization, angioplasty and surgical revascularization in the management of coronary artery disease
- Interpret basic EKG abnormalities
- Recognize and treat common cardiac arrhythmias
- Understand the changing objectives of congestive heart failure treatment
- Diagnose and treat valvular heart disease, cardiomyopathies, pericardial disease, and non-cardiac vascular disease.
Holland America Line's Volendam
University @ Sea
Bristish Columbia, Canada
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.