Dive deep into The Alda Medical Experience™ with Immersion 2018 Connect to Care. Over two days, you will experience the power of improvisation to transform health care communication. High quality health care relies on our ability to connect with ourselves, our colleagues, and our patients. As change agents, leaders have the power to infuse new energy and genuine human connections into our organizational missions. Alan Alda and the Alda Center Medical Team will guide you through a series of tiered modules designed to strengthen your ability to innovate, collaborate, and communicate. Imagine a professional development experience where you unplug to recharge. Join us in New York City for this unique inaugural event. We are now accepting applications for our two-day Alda Medical Experience™ Immersion 2018 event on December 6th and 7th, 2018 in New York City.
To register for this event, please use the following application link:
Dates and Times
Start: 12/6/2018 8:30 AM
End: 12/7/2018 4:30 PM
- Acknowledge communication mistakes to remain present and on task.
- Practice nonverbal communication to aide collaboration.
- Imagine different possibilities for a relationship.
- Create strategies for collaboration in a challenging interaction.
- Analyze the trajectory of a conversation based on intent.
- Listen for the underlying values that drive outward anger.
- Plan and test communication strategies through role-plays.
SUNY Global Center
116 E. 55th Street
New York, NY 10022
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.