This grand round has already taken place.
At our weekly breast conference, we discuss breast cancer planning and treatment options with our multidisciplinary team. These case presentations and discussions rely on national breast cancer standards (as defined by the NCCN). In this way, we afford best clinical practice for our patients, as well as provide continued medical education at the same time. Both of these essential components of our breast conference aim to bridge the gap between historical clinical practices, and newer cutting edge treatments. Through our case presentations and many lectures series, we aim to maximize the chances that our clinical faculty follow national cancer treatment standards, as well as understand and offer newer cutting edge treatments.
Today's cases involve:
- Suspected Recurrence & Pleural Mets with Invasive Ductal Ca and Left DCIS
- Left Nipple Excoriation & Ulceration with Invasive Ductal - discuss indication for MRI/operative management
- Elderly Patient with HER2+ Breast Ca
Dates and Times
Start: 10/13/2017 7:30 AM
End: 10/13/2017 8:30 AM
Upon completion of the case presentations at this meeting, the participants should be able to:
- recognize suspicious findings on mammograms
- discuss factors that influence decision about breast conservation vs. mastectomy
- utilize NCCN guidelines to help guide treatment
- understand the implication of positive BRCA testing
HSC Level 2, Pathology Conference Room 750
Stony Brook Univeristy Medical Center
101 Nicols Rd
Stony Brook, NY 11794
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.