This grand round has already taken place.
Clinical Practice Guideline for the Screening and Management of High Blood Pressure in Children and Adolescents from the AAP
(Please Note: Session only open to Stony Brook Medicine Physicians, Nurses, Medical Students and Stony Brook Medicine Affiliates)
Dates and Times
Start: 3/20/2019 8:00 AM
End: 3/20/2019 9:00 AM
Understand the changes in the new American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) childhood hypertension guideline and how these changes will affect the management of children and adolescents with high blood pressure.
• Rigorous evidence-based methodology
• Revised definitions of BP categories; alignment with American Heart Association (AHA)/American College of Cardiology (ACC) guideline
• New normative BP tables based on BPs from normal-weight children
• Simplified screening table
• Emphasis on use of 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM) to confirm HTN diagnosis
• Revised recommendations for performance of echocardiography
• Lower treatment goals for primary HTN; ABPM goal for chronic kidney disease (CKD)
Stony Brook University Medical Center
101 Nicolls Road
Stony Brook, NY 11794
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.