This grand round has already taken place.
Grand Rounds Lecture on The Arts of Observation and Auscultation: Laennec at 200
Dates and Times
Start: 12/4/2019 8:00 AM
End: 12/4/2019 9:30 AM
Objectives1) Have a better understanding of “visual literacy”.
2) Become more careful and astute observers.Identify at first glance some pathognomonic findings.
3) Recognize and identify various breath sounds, and adventitious lung sounds, including findings which have been described only recently.
4) Link literature validation and scientific basis to sounds and extra-sounds that are clinically relevant.
5) Have an increased awareness of their own auscultatory skills.
6) Understand the link between humanities and science.
Stony Brook University
Health Science Center, Level 3, Room 067
Stony Brook, NY 11794
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.