This grand round has already taken place.
A variety of Neurology presentations.
Dates and Times
Start: 6/11/2021 8:00 AM
End: 6/11/2021 9:00 AM
"Pituitary Adenylate Cyclase Activating Polypeptide (PACAP) and its role in migraine headaches"
- Review pathophysiology of migraine
- Understanding the implication of Pituitary Adenylate Cyclase Activating Polypeptide‘s (PACAP) role in migraine
- Review mechanism of action of PACAP and how it’s inhibition could be a potential treatment for migraine.
"Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Phenotype in Two Brothers w/A Rare Splice Site Mutation Genotype"
- Review the types of genetic mutations responsible for the BMD/DMD phenotype
- Understand the importance of properly classifying the pathogenicity of observed BMD/DMD mutations
"Music & Epilepsy"
- To explore the complex dichotomous effect of music on patients with epilepsy.
- To understand the “Mozart Effect” in Epilepsy.
HSC level 3, lecture hall 6
Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.