This grand round has already taken place.
6 speakers will discuss different aspects related to food such as nutrition, food sustainability, diet etc.
Dates and Times
Start: 6/14/2023 9:30 AM
End: 6/14/2023 11:00 AM
1) Discuss ways to share cooking advice with a variety of age groups
2) Describe strategies to reduce food waste
3) Learn about the community engagement nutrition endeavors conducted by Stony Brook Preventive Medicine Residents
4) Describe use of the Plate Method for culturally informed nutrition education.
5) From Long Island Perspective :
• How do we define food sustainability and food insecurity
• What is sustainable dietary practice
• What are some take aways we can all help and support.
6) Learn about sustainable farm practices and maintaining soil health
7) Discuss how CSAs can address food insecurity and improve access to healthy food
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please contact the Grand Round coordinator listed below: