This grand round has already taken place.
Lectures regarding Parkinson's Disease, Steroid Injections, MS in the Spine, Epilepsy and Depression,
Dates and Times
Start: 6/15/2018 8:00 AM
End: 6/15/2018 9:00 AM
Lecture 1 - EEG Findings in Parkinson's Disease Patients With and Without Visual Hallucinations: Brief Overview and New Potential Strategies for Treatment
- Review the typical features of visual hallucinations seen in Parkinson's Disease
- Review the typical EEG findings seen in Parkinson's Disease patients who have visual hallucinations
- Review of the currently approved treatment options, and discussion of one potential treatment strategy
Lecture 2 - Imaging Characteristics of MS Lesions and MS Mimics in the Spine
- Review MS lesions and MS mimics as it relates to the spine
Lecture 3 - Epidural Steroid Injections for Low Back Pain: An Evidence-Based Approach
- Focus on the indications for Epidural Steroid Injections, the efficacy of Epidural Steroid Injections, and the safety of Epidural Steroid Injection
Lecture 4 - Epilepsy and Depression: Understanding the Relationship
- Prevalence of Depression in Epilepsy
- The bi-directional link between Epilepsy and Depression
- Recognizing and treating Depression in patients with Epilepsy
HSC level 3, lecture hall 5
Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.