OB/GYN Grand Rounds topics are presented by experts in their fields and are selected as highly relevant and important to the development of a current base of medical knowledge necessary to maintain a high level of care. These presentations are intended to introduce residents, faculty and affiliated community physicians to the most current and accepted approaches to the discipline of Obstetrics and Gynecology including medical problem solving, surgical skills and new techniques in diagnosis and treatment.
Dates and Times
Start: 11/29/2017 8:00 AM
End: 11/29/2017 9:00 AM
1. Define dying in the US, including where we die
2. Describe themes for a "good death"
3. Define "end of life" and the goals of end-of-life care
4. Review the ethical principles underlying ethical analyses of moral issues in medicine
5. Review the "Death with Dignity Acts" in the US and the utilization of DWD under those acts
Stony Brook Medcine, Health Science Center, Level 2, Lecture Hall 3
101 Nichols Road
Stony Brook, NY 11794
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.