Friday, April 28, 2023
This Stroke Symposium is designed to highlight current clinical practice and best practices in the management and treatment of stroke to improve knowledge, competence and performance of providers engaged in the care of a stroke patient.
This symposium will be held at the MART Auditorium and virtually via Zoom.
For pricing information, see pricing tab below.
Dates and Times
Start: 4/28/2023 7:00 AM
End: 4/28/2023 4:35 PM
- Verbalize the indications for embolization of the middle meningeal artery embolization.
- Understand arteriovenous malformation (AVM) treatment options.
- Discuss use of Tenecteplase in acute ischemic stroke.
- Verbalize role of EMS pre-hospital assessment in the achievement of acute stroke time targets.
- Verbalize indications for left atrial appendage closure for stroke patients.
- Understand psychosocial challenges experienced by stroke survivor.
- Verbalize management of stroke that is of cardioembolic etiology.
- Verbalize management of post-stroke epilepsy.
- Discuss management of acute stroke physiological parameters.
|Employees of Stony Brook Hospital, Southampton Hospital and Eastern Long Island Hospital||$0.00|
|Physicians from outside healthcare facilities||$75.00|
|Other healthcare professions from outside healthcare facilities||$25.00|
Stony Brook Medicine
101 Nicolls Road
Stony Brook, NY 11794
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.