This conference has already taken place.
The 48th Annual Family Medicine Update 2022 consists of three full days of lectures; March 2, 3 and 4th, with two evening workshops on the 2nd and 3rd.
A virtual live conference through Zoom.
Please note there will be NO REFUNDS for cancellations.
For pricing information, see pricing tab below.
Dates and Times
Start: 3/2/2022 8:00 AM
End: 3/4/2022 5:00 PM
The rapid advances in diagnosis and treatment makes continuing updating important for the family physician. This three-day course is designed to cover current and common areas of clinical practice, including integrated topics in: cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, geriatrics, gynecology, infectious disease, informatics, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, pediatrics, preventive medicine, psychiatry, pulmonary, radiology and surgery. Evening workshops include practical sessions on hip joint evaluation, and on addiction MAAT.
- Diagnose and clinically manage problems frequently encountered in family practice.
- Use and interpret currently available diagnostic techniques.
- Appropriately apply and select from among currently available therapeutic modalities.
- Apply skills in problem-solving, including eliciting pertinent history, performing physical examination, gathering and evaluating diagnostic data, making clinical decisions, implementing therapy and providing continuous care.
- Perform appropriate preventive procedures and patient counseling to promote and maintain health and prevent disease.
- Identify problems failing to respond to management as anticipated and necessitating consultation to confirm the diagnosis and/or plan management, as well as those conditions requiring referral for definitive care.
|Other Healthcare Professionals||$445.00|
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 21.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.