This course is designed to improve the treatment of pregnant women and babies by using best practice and evidence based lectures followed by questions and answers to increase the knowledge and improve patient outcomes. Panel discussions will be utilized to identify barriers and offer solutions.
Registration details to follow.
Dates and Times
Start: 10/24/2018 7:30 AM
End: 10/24/2018 3:30 PM
- Understand how alcohol and drug use can affect the human brain.
- Adopt a holistic approach to dealing with perinatal loss.
- Recognize intimate partner violence and offer appropriate referrals.
- Identify opportunities for newborn organ and tissue donation in NYS.
- Dispel common myths related to obstetric anesthesis care.
- Use the information presented on causes of maternal death in NYS to develop strategies to lower maternal death in NYS.
Stony Brook University - Flower Field
199 Mills Pond Road
St. James, NY 11780
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.