This grand round has already taken place.
Surgical Grand Rounds topics are presented by experts in their fields and are selected as highly relevant and important to the development of a current base of medical knowledge necessary to maintain a high level of care. These presentations are intended to introduce residents, faculty, and affiliated community physicians to the most current and accepted approaches to the discipline of Surgery, including medical problem solving, surgical skills, and new techniques in diagnosis and treatment.
Dates and Times
Start: 6/14/2023 8:00 AM
End: 6/14/2023 9:00 AM
"NO GUTS NO GLORY"
1. Understand basics of gastroschisis.
2. Provide initial care/management/stabilization when faced with a gastroschisis birth.
3. Facilitate transfer/consultation to a pediatric surgeon.
4. Understand the surgical treatment options and which patient qualifies for each option.
5. Have an intelligent discussion with a colleague but also a family member about gastroschisis.
Stony Brook, NY 11794
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please contact the Grand Round coordinator listed below: